Soon enough in Heroes of the Storm, a new hero will appear, and this time it will be the infamous Garrosh Hellscream, the son of the legendary Grommash Hellscream and the former Chief of the Horde from the Wolrd of Warcraft universe. Lok’Tar Ogar!
Garrosh Hellscream | Heroes of the Storm
In the early years, Garrosh was ashamed by his Father – Grommash Hellscream because he was in the ranks of the first orcs that drank the cursed Mannaroth’s blood, and cursed all their kind. All this time he thought that his father was a traitor and that is the reason why forget in himself an Iron Will, and why he was so cruel. He believed that compassion, peace is a weakness, so he got rid of them, or he hid them in the deepest corner of the soul.
Learning of the heroic death of his father, he was filled with pride and joined the Horde. Entering the Horde, he soon became commander of the armies in Northrend, and afterward received the Chief’s mantle from Thrall himself. He is filled with hatred for the Alliance and dreams only of its complete destruction.
Now he arrived in the Nexus, which means that Hellscream will soon spread to the battlefields.
Garrosh Hellscream | In-game
Garrosh is a new hero in the Heroes of the Storm. It is a strength tank with an initiation and strong crowd control abilities. But as all other champions he has his own weaknesses:
- Garrosh does not have any Escape abilities.
- Very poor Siege damage.
- Can not deal Burst Damage.
Garrosh is a strong hero that suppress opponents with the pure strength.
- Armor Up – Passive ability. Upon receiving damage he increases his defense. The less hp he has, the less damage enemies will deal.
- Groundbreaker [Q] – The first basic ability. Garrosh smack the ground with his axe, and deals damage to all in the small cone. Enemy heroes that stand nearly on the edge of the cone will be transported to the Garrosh.
- Bloodthirsty [W] – ability that Garrosh uses to heal himself. Garrosh quickly swings his axe and deal damage to the enemy, healing himself. Healing will be twice effective if you hit the enemy champion.
- Wrecking Ball [E] – Powerful tool to change position. Garrosh throws the closest enemy in the position where you clicked.
- Warlord’s challenge – Forst heroic ability. Garrosh uses his Hell Scream to provoke the closest enemies to attack him for a short period of time.
- Decimate – Second heroic ability. Aggressive ability that deals damage in a small radius and decreases the movement speed of the affected enemies. This ability has 3 charges and short cooldown. Decimate deals double damage to Heroes, and for each hero it hits, the cooldown is reduced a bit.
Garrosh is a strong independent tank. The less hp he got, the harder it to kill him. In a team with a good healer he can soak tons of damage, but be aware! Garrosh has a quite low HP, so be careful. He has a lack of mobility on the battlefield, but his Groundbreaker and Wrecking Ball gain you an ability to change positions of your enemies.
Playing as Garrosh your main task is to initiate a combat, and then quickly throw the weakest enemy right in the hand of your team mates.
Garrosh is equipped with the Father’s Axe, and nothing stops him from conquering the Nexus and smashing everyone on his path.